It’s Chinese New Year time! Which means going back home for 1.3 billion people… And vacation time for me! Schools and most companies shut during this period and I can take a break. I’ve decided to add two more countries to my exploration of South East Asia: Vietnam and Laos. I planned to visit Vietnam last year but due to some circumstances I had to renounce. I went back to Italy instead, my home country.
I’m going to spend 2 weeks in Vietnam and 1 in Laos. At the beginning I wasn’t interested in Laos due to some negative opinion that let me down a little bit. Finally, I made up my mind and decided I didn’t want to waste the chance to explore the “Land of a Million Elephants”. The poorest and least glamorous country of the neighborhood have many interesting attractions:
- Vientiane, the laid back capital city
- Luang Prabang, a marvellous city which hosts more than 30 temples and has been declared a World Heritage City by UNESCO
- the mysterious Plain of Jars
- the azure Kuang Si Waterfalls
Of course there’s much more than that. I might stop in Vang Vieng but I’m not sure at the moment. Unfortunately I don’t have enough time to visit the south of the country and I’ll leave that for the next occasion.
Before arriving to Laos I’ll be touring Vietnam for roughly 2 weeks. I’ve been dreaming about Vietnam since I moved to China 4 years ago. It’s been on my bucket list for too long! So this is my final itinerary:
- arrive in Ho Chi Minh, previously known as Saigon
- some relax time between the dunes and beaches of Mui Ne
- visit the old town of Hoi An, the jewel of Vietnam
- roaming through the ancient ruins of Hue
- cruise at Halong Bay, one of the most beautiful places in Asia
- visit the frenetic Hanoi
Here you are a map of my trip!
I’ll upload some pics of my trip on my instagram account for sure !
Zaijian! 再见 ！